Porcelain Veneers by Phuket Aesthetic Dentists
Phuket Porcelain Veneers
Types of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are thin laminates placed over teeth surfaces to cover irregularities in teeth. Porcelain veneers are commonly used in smile makeover cases to change the color shade, shape or size of teeth.
Ivoclar Vivadent : IPS Empress Esthetics
IPS Empress Esthetics from Ivoclar Vivadent focus on presenting natural colour extremely similar to human tooth, providing a natural-like solution for smile recovery for patients. IPS Empress has a long established history used over time in cosmetic dentistry for natural looking teeth.
Ivoclar Vivadent : IPS E.max
IPS Empress E.max is the latter range to IPS Empress Esthetics product. IPS Empress E.Max focuses on providing a more durable, strengthened porcelain veneer solution with excellent natural colour, providing an even longer term solution for smile recovery for patients.
First evaluation and porcelain veneer tooth preparation
- Local anesthesia is first adminstered at the region of veneer tooth preparation
- The natural teeth is reshaped to receive the dental veneer
- Records are taken and approved with the patient to determine the color, bite, length and shape of the veneer
- An impression is taken for a replica model of the teeth
- This model is sent to a lab where the individualized veneer is fabricated
- A temporary veneer is placed on whilst the permanent veneer is made
Fitting of Porcelain Veneer on delivery
- The temporary veneer is removed
- The permanent veneer is fitted and cemented into place on the teeth
- A quality assurance check is done for any re-adjustments or re-works of the dental veneer
Post care for Porcelain Veneer
1. Avoiding chewing hard food on the venners within first 24 hours after the fitting
2. Rinse with salt water three times a day to help with swelling
3. Remain a good oral hygiene to maintain tissue compatibility
4. It is normal to have sensitivity over few days to weeks after the procedure. If sensitivity are found.
a. Avoid hot, cold and acidic food and drinks
b. Take pain medication to relief symptom, please consult with dentist or doctor for which type of pain medication to be taken based on your current condition.
c. Use fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash
d. Remain a good oral hygiene